Her Royal Highness - Pasta
If we look back in time we can trace pasta origins since 1271. It is considered that it was Marco Polo who brought pasta in Italy from his journeys in China. However, some people beleve that it is a product once popular among Romans and Etruscans, even before Polo. They made this simple pasta by grinding grains and cereals and then adding water to it. Over the years, it has become an international meal worshiped by every nation. It is estimated that Americans eat about 20 pounds of pasta per person. No matter where you go, you can find varieties to it. There is dry pasta (pasta secca) and fresh pasta (pasta fresca). No matter which one you choose, it is beyond doubt that you will enjoy this sweet indulgence.
There are a lot of healthy pasta recepies. Wanna know our favourite? A delightfull seafood pasta.
Spaghetti with Seefood Sauce
What you'll need...
225 g spaghetti, 115 g prawns; 4 prawns; 115 g shrimps; 175 g clams; 15 ml tomato puree; 600 ml tomato sauce; a pinch of black pepper; a pinch of salt; 25 g butter; 3 tablespoons of parsley leaves; 15 ml lemon juice; 5 g of sugar; 1 piece bay leaf; 1 tablespoon of oregano; 1 clove of garlic; 1 onion; 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
How to make it...
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Fry over a moderate heat for 6-7 minutes until the onions have softened.
2. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes untill done. Stir the passata, tomato pure, oregano, bay leaf and sugar into the onions and season well. Bring to boil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the shellfish, lemon juice and the parsley. Stir well and cover. Cook for 6-7 minutes.
4. During that time, drain the spaghetti when ready and add the butter to the pan. Add the drain spaghetti to the pan. Season well.
5. Divide them equally in 4 plates and top with seafood sauce. Sprinkle the remaining parsley, garnish with whole prawns and serve immediately.
This seafood pasta is just one of the endless recipes a pasta can offer. Therefore, there is no better choice for your next big meal. Enjoy!