5 Summer Food Ideas For Your Party
"Never miss a party...good for the nerves-like celery"- F. Scott Fitzgerald.
What is the best time of the year for party? It is definitely summer. Driven by the hot weather and the positive summer vibes, we all enjoy a night spent at a pool or in the backyard of our home. The advantage about summer entertaining is that you can keep the menu simple, refreshing, using just a handful of ingredients. Whether it is a theme party or a simple get-together with friends, the following recipe ideas will make you the perfect host.
If you are into Mexican cuisine the perfect choice would be to make Guacamole and Chips.
The ingredients you need are the following:
1. tortilla Chips-16 oz
2. 5 avocados
3. 1/2 red onion
4. 1 jalapeño chillies
5. 1 cup fresh chilanto leaves
6. 2 tbs lime juice
7. 1 tbs salt
8. A pinch of black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the avocados, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
2. Serve with the tortilla chips.
Sauces and dips
When it comes to party food, another appealing idea to try for your next party is Grilled Potato Chips With Chive Dip.
The required ingredients are:
1. 1 pound of potatoe
2. 2 oz goat cheese
3. 1 shallot
4. 1 tbs of chive
5. 3/4 cup of sour cream
6. 2 tbs olive oil
7. 1 teaspoon of salt
8. 1 tbs of lemon juice
1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, goat cheese, shallot, lemon juice, chives, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 cup of water and stir until smooth. Set aside.
2. Using a mandoline or knife, cut the potatoes lengthwise into very thin slices.
3. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, oil, and remaining salt and toss well.
4. Heat a grill pan (a cast-iron pan with ridges) over medium heat and add a single layer of potatoes. Cook until golden brown and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Cook the remaining potatoes in batches.
5. Serve the hot potatoes with the dip.
This next Olive Tapenade recipe is not measured by it's largeness. Although it comes in a size of a bite, it tastes like little drops of heaven.
The ingredients are the following:
1. 1 anchovies
2. 3 tbs of olive oil
4. 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
5. 2 tbs of fresh parsley
6. 2 tbs caper
7. 3 coves garlic
8. 8 oz calamata olives
1. In a small bowl, combine olives, garlic, capers, parsley, anchovy, lemon peel, and black pepper. Add extra virgin olive oil and mix thoroughly.
The olives, capers, garlic and parsley may be minced at the same time in a food processor.
When we think about summer we immediately associate it with vacation and beach. You don't have to take a trip in order for your party to have this kind of atmosphere. You can create it from the comfort of your own home by serving sea food. This delightful Prawns with Mango Sauce will just do the trick.
1. 20 cooked prawns
2. 1 mango
3. 1 avocado
4. 1/2 cup coconut cream
5. 1 tbs lime juice
6. lemon juice (if desired)
7. 2 teaspoon of mint
1. Peel and devein the prawns, removing the heads and tails. Cut the avocado in half, leaving the skin on. Remove the seed and use a small melon baller to scoop out 20 balls from the flesh. Brush all cut surfaces off the avocado with lemon juice to prevent from browning.
2. Thread a prawn and an avocado ball onto each toothpick. Serve on a platter with a bowl of mango sauce.
3. For the sauce you need to: Place mango, coconut cream and lime juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Stir in the chopped mint and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Chill for a while in the refrigerator before serving. Garnish with fresh herb sprigs.
If you want to host the traditional barbecue party you can do it by adding a little twist to it. Instead of serving heavy meat food you can make this delicious Grilled Vegetable Timbales.
You will need:
1. 2 tomatoes
2. 6 tbs of fresh basil leaves
3. 8 oz goat cheese
4. 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
5. 1 radicchio
6. 1 fennel
7. 1 red onion
8. 1 red bell peppers
9. 2 zucchini
10. 6 portobello mushrooms
11. 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
12. 2 clove of garlic
13. 3/4 cup of olive oil
14. 2 eggplants
1. Arrange eggplant slices on large sheet pan. Sprinkle some salt and leave it for 10 minutes. Blot the eggplant slices using paper towel.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the barbecue to medium heat. Whisk olive oil, garlic and thyme in medium bowl. Arrange all remaining vegetables except tomatoes on another large baking sheet. Lightly brush the vegetables with garlic oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables until brown and tender, turning once, about 8 minutes for mushrooms, 6 minutes for eggplant and peppers, 4 minutes for zucchini, onion and fennel, and 2 minutes for raddichio. Remove vegetables to large platter.
3. Whisk balsamic vinegar into remaining olive oil mixture in bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place round mousse rings on center of 6 serving plates. Place 1 slice eggplant in bottom of each ring. Top with fennel slices, dividing equally. Remove skin from red bell peppers and slice into strips. Divide strips among rings. Top each with 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese and 1 teaspoon minced basil. Drizzle 1 teaspoon dressing over each. Place 1 mushroom in each ring. Top each with 1 onion slice and 2 radicchio wedges. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon goat cheese and 1 teaspoon basil; drizzle with dressing. Top each with zucchini slices.
5. Do-ahead tip: Timbales can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
6. Place tomato slice on top of each timbale. Remove ring. Evenly sprinkle remaining goat cheese and basil over timbales. Drizzle remaining dressing over and around timbales. Garnish with basil sprig and serve.
A party is not a party without some beverage. Our recommendation is white wine or even better, cocktails.
Have fun and enjoy your perfect summer party!