If only there was something that is insanely inexpensive, full with vitamin C, keeps your skin glowing, aids in digestion and helps you lose weight. It may sound impossible, but it actually exists. It is called lemon water. A glassful of this tasty drink first thing in the morning is all it takes to boost vitality, cleanse your system and improve your health.
Why lemon juice?
The human body receives its energy off the energy produced from the food we eat. That energy comes from the atoms and molecules of energy found in our food. When cationic food enters the digestive track and meets anionic digestive enzymes, a reaction takes place. Moreover, an ion is a group of molecules that carry an electrical charge. Ions that carry a negative charge are called anions. Lemons are anionic and it is one of the few foods that has more anions than cations in its structure. Actually, all other food except for fish and raw lemon juice is considered to be cationic, making lemon juice similar to digestive enzymes. Therefore, it has the property of a health remedy.
Health benefits of lemon water
- It hydrates your body and fires up your metabolism.
- Being rich in vitamin C, it fights inflammation by boosting the immune system and relieves stress.
- It detoxifies your body and because of the antioxidants, it clears the skin and prevents solar damage and wrinkles.
- Lemon water stimulates stomach juices, hence supports digestion. It helps get rid of build-up toxins in the intestinal tract. Moreover, it alleviates heartburn and bloating.
- It purifies the liver and stimulates it to produce more enzymes than any other food.
- It inhibits excess bile flow.
- Having more potassium than most foods, it helps anxiety and depression and improves brain, nerve and heart health.
- It balances the PH levels in the body.
- It has the property to dissolve the uric acid buildup in sore joints, which reduces inflammation and pain in knees and joints.
- It works well with fighting cravings and therefore, it improves weight loss.
- It also helps in lowering blood pressure due to the fact that it’s a mild diuretic.
All you need to do is squeeze half a lemon in glass of water at a room temperature. It is super easy habit to adopt, which will make a profound impact on your body in no time.